UN NUOVO BISCOTTO DA UN BISCOTTO… Oreo Cookie Cookies!
Here’s the next recipe for my Cuse family. This one I made with a particular friend in mind, because she loves loves loves the main ingredient in these little morsels – Oreos! I adapted a recipe from Sugar Cooking, and the results were fantastic – Oreo Cookie Cookies!
Not onyl were these cookies a breeze to make, but they’re close to the perfect texture too! Slightly crunchy on the edges, but chewy on the inside. The Oreos give great, unexpected bursts of flavor and crunch to the cewy centers, and the addition of chocolate chips just adds even richer chocolate flavor. Who would have thought cookies could be a perfect mina ingredient for, well, cookies!
Oreo Cookie Cookies (adapted from Sugar Cooking)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup packed brown sugar (1/2 light, 1/2 dark)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1 cups semisweet chocolate chips
25 Oreos, crushed
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Farhenheit. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spary, or line with parchment paper.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, blend melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well incorporated. Beat in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until creamy. Mix in the flour mixture until just blended.
4. Add in crushed Oreos. Beat on low until the crushed cookies are just mixed into the dough fairly evenly, about a few seconds.
5. Stir in chocolate chips using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough by the tablespoonfuls onto the cookie sheets, leaving a few inches between each cookie.
6. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned (I did mine for 16 minutes, and they were perfect). Remove and let cool on sheets ontop of wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cookies from sheets onto wire racks to cool completely. Yields about 3 dozen cookies.