PICCOLI DOLCI… Dark Chocolate Butterscotch Brownie Bites!
These bites don’t really need an introduction – Dark Chocolate Butterscotch Brownie Bites!
If you’re like me, you’ve got a ton of boxed brownie and cake mix laying around the house. This recipe is a great way to use up a box of that, but not make the regular, boring brownie recipe that comes on the box. Simply by adding butterscotch chips and pouring the batter into mini muffin tins, you’ve made yourself a new recipe with an old mix! I love these bites – they’re super fudgey and not too sweet, and the butterscotch chips complement the chocolatey goodness so so well. Give them a shot!
Dark Chocolate Butterscotch Brownie Bites
1 box Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil (or applesauce to lighten up the recipe)
1 cup butterscotch chips, with some reserved
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray mini muffin tins with nonstick spray.
2. Combine water, vegetable oil, and egg in a bowl and stir.
3. Mix in brownie mix until thick batter is formed. Stir in butterscotch chips.
4. Using a small ice cream scoop, or a tablespoon, scoop batter into prepared tins. Top each with a few of the reserved butterscotch chips.
5. Bake until toothpick inserted into the bites comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in tins on wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Remove from tins and let cool completely on wire racks.